Online KS3 English tutoring
We inspire through language
From years 7 to 9, schoolchildren are oftentimes starting a new school and in English, ready for GCSEs in year 11. As well as developing key skills in creative, essay and other forms of writing, students are also gaining a depper understanding of a range of more challenging stories, poems and plays from a variety of genres and historical periods.
These fundamental years lay the foundation for the start of their GCSE study but a lack of confidence or gaps in their knowledge can have a detrimental effect that accumulates in years 10 and 11. Our tutors are here to help students get back on track and help students find their passion for English.
Our tutors can teach all elements of the National Curriculum for key stage 3 comprising years 7 – 9 (ages 11-14):
- Well-structured essay writing
- Creative writing, including stories, scripts and poetry
- Polished presentation writing
- Writing to persuade, argue and inform
- Writing formal and informal letters
- Applying their growing knowledge of grammar and vocabulary in their writing
Grammar & Vocabulary
- Extending and applying more challenging grammatical knowledge
- Studying the effectiveness of grammar in texts
- Expansion in vocabulary
- Understanding the difference between spoken and written language
- Discussing reading, writing and spoken language with confidence
Speaking & Listening
- Speaking confidently and effectively through classroom discussion
- Giving short speeches and presentations
- Participating in formal debates
- Improvising play scripts and poetry and discussing intonation, tone, volume, mood, silence and stillness
Why our tutors?
Our highly-qualified tutors comprise of published authors, Oxbridge graduates and experienced teachers and academics, who have the subject knowledge and tutoring experience necessary to ensure every child feels confident in the classroom.
By expanding on each students’ individual interests as well as providing an exciting new perspective on the subject, our tutors are able to create lesson plans that will spark a renewed excitement in reading, writing and thinking. This tailored tutoring service is delivered entirely through our online platform, allowing students to enjoy tuition from the comfort of their own home.
Featured Tutor: Victoria
“Hi I’m Victoria and I am a graduate of Oxford University and holder of a 1st class Master’s degree in English Literature. Over the last few years, I have developed a deep understanding of the National Curriculum, having worked with pupils across a range of ages from KS2 to GCSE and A-Level, as well as teaching English as a second language abroad. I love sharing my enthusiasm for English with students and my goal is to teach key skills while tailoring my lessons to their interests and aspirations, to ensure that every student finds their passion in the subject.”
What have our parents been saying?
“Victoria has a lovely, warm personality and is always encouraging and challenging the student, I hear my son taking pride in his work, learning with interest and gaining in confidence!”
How much does it cost?
If you’re looking to help your child succeed in English, why not book a trial lesson with us today?